Research & Development Laboratory Coordinator
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Research & Development
Job Description :
ONSITE Position in Manassas, VA
SHIFT - MON-FRI 9-5:30PM
This position will initiate, coordinate, and implement new product initiatives on new and existing products. This position will work in the lab to make prototypes working with the R&D Scientist. Execute batch records, maintain supplies and raw materials in the lab and get it from warehouse as needed. Prepare samples to send out to customers. Maintain clean and organized lab area.
• Organize daily activities based on business priorities provided by R&D scientists or VP R&D.
• Maintain accurate records of R&D materials, equipment and samples stored in all R&D areas according to established practices and procedures.
• Maintain accurate laboratory and project work documentation.
• Maintain clean and organized laboratory work environment including supplies inventory and maintenance, and routine cleaning
• Prepare samples for shipment to customers.
• Formulate and create bench top samples for presentation to inside and outside customers, while maintaining awareness of current plant process capabilities.
• Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
• Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
• Knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP Service oriented
• Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities
• Familiarity with bar code scanners and warehouse inventory systems a plus.
• Able to read and follow exact instructions, including SOP and cGMP procedures.
• Able to taste prototype products and taste panels as needed.
Required Qualifications :
Education or Equivalent: (Minimum required to perform job)
• High School diploma required. Some college experience would be a plus especially in the science field.
• 1-2 years relevant experience in food preparation/food industry (preferably in the confectionary industry)
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: (List unique knowledge skills, or problem-solving requirements)
• Ability to work with cross functional departments within the organization
• Problem solving, verbal, communication, and listening skills, excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
• Detail oriented
• Strong time management skills
• Work well in team-based environment as well working alone
• Some computer skills using Microsoft Office Programs
• Must be well motivated, self-starter, dependable